Chef #195447's Note:
Very different way to serve cauliflower, makes plain white cauliflower colorful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 2 pounds)
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (about 2 ounces) or 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1Heat 1 inch salted water to boiling.
- 2Add cauliflower.
- 3Cover and and heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- 4Simmer until tender about 20 to 25 minutes; drain.
- 5Cook and stir tomatoes, onion, and chilies in oil in 10- inch skillet until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in salt and cinnamon.
- 7Simmer uncovered, 5 minutes.
- 8Stir in olives; heat until hot.
- 9Place cauliflower on serving plate.
- 10Cut into 8 wedges; separate wedges slightly.
- 11Spoon tomato sauce over and around cauliflower wedges.
- 12Sprinkle with cheese.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tri-Colored Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.7
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 6.2 mg
- Sodium 372.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g