Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very different way to serve cauliflower, makes plain white cauliflower colorful.
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 2 pounds)
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (about 2 ounces) or 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese (about 2 ounces)
- Heat 1 inch salted water to boiling.
- Add cauliflower.
- Cover and and heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer until tender about 20 to 25 minutes; drain.
- Cook and stir tomatoes, onion, and chilies in oil in 10- inch skillet until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in salt and cinnamon.
- Simmer uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Stir in olives; heat until hot.
- Place cauliflower on serving plate.
- Cut into 8 wedges; separate wedges slightly.
- Spoon tomato sauce over and around cauliflower wedges.
- Sprinkle with cheese.