Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cooked up this recipe for a quick friend's dinner.
- 300 g pasta (short like maccheroni, fusilli etc. better if rye pasta or whole wheat pasta which you can purchase )
- 12 champignon mushrooms
- 1 head red chicory ("radicchio trevisano" is a red and slightly bitter lettuce from Treviso in North-East Italy)
- 1⁄4 slice gorgonzola (or blue cheese)
- 1 glass white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄4 onion
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Chop 1/4 onion finely on a cutting board, and fry it with 5 tablespoons oil in a nonstick frying pan.
- Wash the champignons, slice them, add to the onion, and cover it.
- Cook for 10 minutes approximately.
- Check if mushrooms are ready, if yes, add one glass white wine and let
- it boil off.
- Finally wash the trevisan leaves and cut them in thin stripes, chop the cheese in small pieces and add to the sauce then add the boiled pasta ("al dente" i.e. just right) and let the cheese melt a bit, but not entirely.
- Serve it warm with pink pepper on top.