Prep 35 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a interesting and wonderful strawberry mousse that my Daughter Silvia loves. She is a strawberry fanatic!
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1 (3 ounce) packet unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, extra fine granulated
- 1 cup cream, chilled heavy
- 3 tablespoons sugar, powdered
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in saucepan: Let stand for 1 minute to soften.
- Stir over low heat until gelitan is dissolved (about 1 minute).
- Remove from heat.
- Place berries, extra fine granulated sugar and gelatin mixture in food processor or blender.
- Whirl to puree. Pour into bowl, chill until mixture mounds when dropped from a spoon (1 Hour).
- Beat cream and powdered sugar in chilled bowl until soft peaks form.
- Stir 1/4 of cream into strawberry puree to lighten mixture.
- Fold in remaining cream.
- Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Cooking time is chill time!
We made this 2 years ago and we loved it so much I remembered it and got back online to find it. It's one of those that stick in your brain it's so good.
Made this for a family cookout, and it was gone as soon as I sliced it! I asked for ratings and they all agreed that it was definitely 5 stars!! Oh, and make 2 the next time! Super easy to put together. I used the microwave to heat the gelatin instead of the stove, and used the larger graham crust by keebler. Made for PAC Fall 2011.