Tree in a Bottle (Aromatherapy)
- 10 drops fir essential oils
- 10 drops spruce essential oils
- 10 drops cedarwood essential oils
- 10 drops juniper essential oils
- For room spray: Fill a small spray bottle with distilled water. Adjust the amount of oil, depending on the size of the bottle. Add a small amount of non-aromatic alcohol to the water, which helps to incorporate the oil into the water. Put the essential oil drops directly into the bottle. Cover with the mister (cap). Make a label so folks know what is in it. Shake before each use.
- Diffuser oil blend: Fill a 1 oz. dropper bottle with a gentle carrier oil, such as sweet almond or apricot kernel oil. Add the drops of essential oil directly into the bottle. Cap and shake well. Make a label for your diffuser blend. Follow the directions of your diffuser for using the oil blend.
- To make a sachet: Using a lightweight natural fabric, such as cotton or silk, sew together two squares of fabric, leaving one edge open. Fill with scented, dried herbs like lavender, sage, pine or rose petals. You may wish to create a potpourri from your oil blends and fill the pocket with this mixture. Once filled, sew together the fourth edge.