Recipe by Mad Maryno
Not exactly gastronomical, but its quick, easy and comforting. Veganized version of what my mama used to cook for us.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of tomato soup
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups veggie crumbles (1 pack)
- 6 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegan mozzarella cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups vegan mozzarella cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a pot, sauté the onion and the garlic in the oil, over medium-high heat.
- Add the cream of tomato soup, not diluted, and the chili sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then add the ground soy.
- Add the macaroni. Mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 20 minutes, with a lid on, so that the vegan cheese can melt. Then remove the lid and put under the broiler.