1 hr 10 mins
Serve warm with butter and a hot cup of Irish tea!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Mix first 5 ingredients together.
- 3Separately, mix butter, egg and buttermilk.
- 4Add liquid mix to dry mix and mix until coated.
- 5Put raisins in bowl and cover with water.
- 6Add vanilla.
- 7Heat in microwave for 60 seconds, then let sit for 3 minutes.
- 8Drain raisins and add to dough.
- 9Put dough in 9½ (or 9) inch spring form pan.
- 10Brush with remaining buttermilk.
- 11Using a sharp knife, score the top in a crisscross or wagon spoke.
- 12If using caraway seeds, cover the top with seeds at this point.
- 13Bake in 350 oven for 50-60 minutes, until golden brown and knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 14Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool on rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional Irish Soda Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3307.6
- Calories from Fat 573
- Total Fat 63.7 g
- Saturated Fat 34.7 g
- Cholesterol 557.8 mg
- Sodium 3709.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 618.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.2 g
- Sugars 253.5 g
- Protein 73.3 g