This is a great eggnog with or without alcohol. I put in the alcohol! It is from "Company's Coming for Christmas. Salute!
- You will need 3 medium to large bowls.
- In the first bowl beat egg whites until they start to thicken.
- Add 1 cup sugar, beat until thick.
- In the second bowl: Beat egg yolks and salt until thick.
- Combine beaten egg whites with yolks and beat until mixed and thick.
- In a third large bowl beat cream until it starts to thicken.
- Add 2 tbsp sugar & vanilla to the beaten cream.
- Add milk, rum & whiskey beating continually (for non alcoholic eggnog omit the alcohol and add artificial rum flavoring doing it a tsp at a time until you achieve the desired taste).
- Combine all the ingredients, and chill.
- Serve with a garnish of a sprinkle of nutmeg on top of each glass.