Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great eggnog with or without alcohol. I put in the alcohol! It is from "Company's Coming for Christmas. Salute!
- 12 large egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 12 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 7 cups whole milk
- 2 cups light rum
- 1 cup whiskey (rye or scotch)
- 1 dash nutmeg
- You will need 3 medium to large bowls.
- In the first bowl beat egg whites until they start to thicken.
- Add 1 cup sugar, beat until thick.
- In the second bowl: Beat egg yolks and salt until thick.
- Combine beaten egg whites with yolks and beat until mixed and thick.
- In a third large bowl beat cream until it starts to thicken.
- Add 2 tbsp sugar & vanilla to the beaten cream.
- Add milk, rum & whiskey beating continually (for non alcoholic eggnog omit the alcohol and add artificial rum flavoring doing it a tsp at a time until you achieve the desired taste).
- Combine all the ingredients, and chill.
- Serve with a garnish of a sprinkle of nutmeg on top of each glass.
Yum! Yum!! Now this is EGG nog. It's nicely thick and deliciously creamy. And the nog is pretty nice too. We used bourbon, rather than whiskey, though. Will have to try whiskey next time.
This recipe is incomplete. It never tells you when to combine the ingredients together. I found it very confusing and I pride myself of making everything from scratch for over 10 years. This stuff is POTENT as well, which may not necessarily be a bad thing. Please revise the procedure instructions and let the others know when to combine all three bowls filled. Thank you,
I have made the requested changes to the steps and apologize if you found the recipe confusing. I appreciate you pointing this out to me however you didn't say if you liked the eggnog or not.