Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe is from koreaeats.com. I ate this often growing up. Having it cook my my friends mother who came over from Korea. While literally translated as "fire meat", bulgogi is a non-spicy dish that is a favorite of Americans and Koreans alike. Traditionally, it is eaten wrapped in green lettuce with Gochujang (bean-paste hot sauce), It may also simply be placed over a bowl of rice to create a delicious beef bowl.
- The Meat:.
- Slice the meat very thinly along the grain.
- Use a tenderizer or the back of your knife to soften the meat.
- Cut the meat into mouth size pieces.
- The Marinade:.
- Mince the garlic.
- Chop the scallions.
- Slice or chop the onions depending on your preference.
- Put garlic, scallions, and the onions into a bowl and add soy sauce, sesame seed oil, sugar, and ground pepper.
- Add the meat into marinade bowl and let it sit for 3 hours (over night preferably).
- Cook in a skillet, stirring often until well done.