Recipe by Knitting Granny
My son always asks me to make these for our traditional Christmas Day buffet, but they are delicious any time of year. The mix-in ingredients for the different layers can be changed to suit individual tastes. Try making one layer with a small can of chopped black olives mixed in instead of the green pepper, or try minced ham instead of the bacon. Be creative! I've always wanted to try a savory-sweet combination like ham, crushed pineapple and chopped red sweet peppers, but number one son always begs me to stay with the "usual". The one hour "cooking" time is actually refrigerator time.
- 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 5 green onions, cleaned and chopped fine, both white and green parts
- 6 slices thick sliced bacon, chopped cross-wise into 1/3 inch pieces and fried just until crisp
- 3⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped into very small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the softened cream cheese and mayonnaise.
- Divide cream cheese mixture into three small bowls.
- Mix the chopped green onions into one bowl, the bacon into another bowl, and the green pepper into the third bowl.
- Place one tortilla on each of three plates.
- Spread one third of the green onion mixture on each of the three tortillas, spreading mixture clear to the edges of tortillas.
- Place a second tortilla on top of the green onion mixture.
- Spread one third of the bacon mixture on each of the tortilla stacks and top with another tortilla.
- Spread one third of the green pepper mixture on each of the tortilla stacks and top with the last of the tortillas.
- Cover with aluminum foil or saran wrap and place in refrigerator for about an hour to cool completely.
- To serve, cut each stack into 12 "pie" slices.
- These disappear really fast!