Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Typical spanish tapa. Delicious warm or cold. You can add other ingredients like bacon, ham, green or red peppers, but the typical is the potato and onion. Saves well for a couple of days in refrigerator and can be warmed up in microwave.
- 5 tablespoons oil, for frying
- 1 -2 potato, depending on size
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion (fresh)
- 6 eggs
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash baking powder
- Heat the oil in a med.
- size frying pan.
- While oil is heating peel and chop potatoes into small pieces.
- Add potatoes and onion to oil and fry till potatoes and onion are soft.
- While potatoes are cooking beat together the 6 eggs with the salt and baking powder.
- In the same pan drain most of the oil maybe leaving 1 tablespoons.
- Over a low flame add the egg mixture to the potatoes, making sure the potatoes are completely covered.
- Let cook for about 5 minutes.
- With the help of a plate or platter that is larger then your frying pan place it over the pan and turn it over.
- Then you slide the tortilla back into the pan so the other side can cook.
- Cook until egg is done.
- Cut as if a pie or cut into bite size pieces and serve.
- **If making for less- use just one potato and 4 eggs.