Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Rachael Ray March 2010. You can wrap the baked pudding in foil and freeze for up to 1 week. Thaw in the refrigerator, then bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 ounces cured chorizo sausage, finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 4 large flour tortillas, ground into coarse crumbs (about 9 inches)
- salt and pepper
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preaheat the oven to 400°F Grease an 8-inch square baking dish. Using a food processor, puree 1 cup corn.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1 cup corn and cook until the corn begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chorizo.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, pureed corn and tortilla crumbs. Add the onion-chorizo mixture and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and bake until set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes; let sit for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the scallions.