Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I sampled a similar appetizer at a party that inspired this simple idea. It would be easy to add additional foods to the skewers, based on your preferences. Use your favorite store bought or homemade pesto sauce!
- 30 cheese tortellini, prepared according to package directions
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, oil-packed
- 10 medium-length wooden skewers
- Combine tortellini with pesto sauce and mix well.
- Cut each tomato into 4 strips.
- Place one tortellini onto a skewer, followed by a piece of sundried tomato. (I found it most effective to hook each piece of sundried tomato to the skewer twice).
- Add another tortellini and tomato piece, ending with a third tortellini.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Easy & delicious! These would go nicely in a smaller skewers at any potluck or game watching party. The colors are also make for a pretty presentation. Thank you for sharing this keeper!
Made as a prize for the *Best of 2008* cookbook game, this is a dandy & ingredient-friendly little appy ~ perfect for short-notice guests. I was a bit size-challenged since cheese tortellini are sml here & skewers lrg, so I cut my wood skewers w/a wire cutter & expanded the recipe as your intro allowed. I added black olives & also see tightly rolled thin slices of pepperoni or salami as excellent adds. This is fun & easy to make. Thx for sharing the recipe w/us. :-)
So easy and soo good! What a great appetizer for entertaining! Tastes great and lovely presentation! I added proscuitto. It was a great addition. Thanks for posting Starry! I'll certainly make again!