Recipe by Halcyon Eve
Recipe adapted from Light & Tasty to use lean ground turkey instead of turkey sausage. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like a good autumn recipe.
- 566.99 g lean ground turkey
- 4.92-9.85 ml italian seasoning
- salt & pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1537.83 ml reduced-sodium beef broth
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 473.18 ml thinly sliced carrots
- 236.59 ml thinly sliced celery
- 236.59 ml ketchup
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- 473.18 ml sliced zucchini
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 473.18 ml frozen cheese tortellini
- 59.14 ml minced fresh parsley
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook turkey with 1-2 tsp Italian seasoning, salt & pepper, onion, and garlic, breaking up turkey as it cooks, until turkey is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat.
- Add broth, tomatoes, carrots, celery, ketchup, and 1 tsp Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Add zucchini and peppers; cook an additional 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in tortellini and parsley. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until tortellini is tender.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.