Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A hearty soup that will warm you to the bones!
Make and share this Tortellini and Sausage Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
- shredded parmesan cheese, as garnish
- In a fry pan, add olive oil and sauté onion, celery and garlic, until onion is soft.
- Set aside.
- Brown Italian sausage in pan. Drain grease, and set aside.
- In a large pot, add chicken stock, parsley, basil, salt and pepper, sausage and the sautéed onion, garlic and celery.
- Bring to a boil, and reduce heat.
- Add tortellini and let simmer for 6-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve with warm, crusty bread!
I've made this twice now. I could eat it once a week! It's very hearty on a cold day.