Recipe by AHoff08
I had this dish at a restaurant and my husband insisted that I figure out how to make it, so here is my rendition. My husband says it tastes the same and it is his favorite dinner that I make. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Top Review by Melissa V.
I loved this recipe. I used left over sweet ham I had made for a dinner and we could not get enough of this. No left overs what so ever! It took me a little longer for prep time with cutting up the ham and prepping the bacon and everything but well worth it.
- 566.99 g cheese-filled tortellini
- 453.59 g asparagus
- 226.79 g crisped crumbled cooked bacon
- 236.59 ml julienned ham
For the Garlic Cream Sauce
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml butter
- 1 white onion, minced
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 14.79 ml flour
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
- 177.44 ml chicken broth
- 4.92 ml dried parsley
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add the flour to make a rue, cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the half-and-half, chicken broth, parsley, salt, and pepper. Simmer until sauce thickens to desired consistency.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Cut asparagus into 2 inch pieces and steam.
- Combine cream sauce, ham, bacon, asparagus, and tortellini. Serve immediately.