Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Milanese breakfast tart good hot or cold. From the outstanding Sunset Brunch Cookbook.
- 1 (14 ounce) package hot roll mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 (1/2 ounce) package yeast
- 1 cup water
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- Prepare hot roll mix according to package directions.
- Roll out dough into two rounds.
- Separate onion into rings and saute in olive oil. Add bell pepper and cook until onion is lightly brown.
- Remove from heat and add tuna and oregano.
- Stir to break up tuna.
- Place one dough round in bottom of spring-side pan.
- Distribute tuna mixture over dough.
- Cut remaining dough into strips and interleave in a lattice pattern.
- Beat egg and brush top of dough.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes and serve. Good cold also.