Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found on BBCGoodFoood and the picture looked so pretty that I had to copy the recipe. Haven't tried it as yet, as I want to find an appropriate meal to serve with it.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces digestive biscuits or 3 1⁄2 ounces graham crackers
- 3 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 3 leaves gelatin
- 1 large ripe mangoes, flesh pureed or 1 large frozen pureed mango
- 8 1⁄2 ounces double cream, whipped
- 7 1⁄8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 3⁄4 ounces sour cream
- strawberries or strawberry sauce, made with
- crushed strawberry, and
- icing sugar, to serve
- Preheat oven to 320ºF.
- Make the base by whizzing the biscuits or grahan crackers, butter and sugar together in a food processor, press into the base of a round 8" springform pan and bake for 5 minutes.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water until it is floppy, add it to 6 tbsp of the mango purée and heat until it dissolves.
- Add this back to the rest of the purée.
- Whisk or whizz the cream, cream cheese and sour cream together and fold in the mango purée.
- Pour the mixture over the biscuit/graham cracker base, smooth the surface and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Cut into 6 or more pieces and serve with strawberries or strawberry sauce.