Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
So quick and easy to make pie. No cooking and very good pie! You can also make it sugar free by using sugar free whipped topping and sugar free pudding!
- 1 pie shell, baked and cooled
- 141.74 g package instant vanilla pudding
- 354.88 ml milk
- 354.88 ml flaked coconut
- 226.79 g container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, beat the pudding mix and milk until the pudding mixture thickens.
- Fold in 1 cup of coconut and half of the whipped topping to the pudding mixture.
- Pour the combination into the baked pie shell.
- Spread the remainder of the whipped topping on top of the pie.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the coconut on top of pie.*.
- Refridgerate and serve chilled.
- * I brown the coconut on top before adding to pie, to make pie look like its been baked. Take a small skillet and place 1/2 cup of coconut in pan and brown over medium heat. Stirring coconut constantly. Be careful, it burns quickly! Add to top of pie.
I really liked this pie. It was easy to make and it tasted great. I made the lower sugar version with sugar free pudding and whipped cream. I used two small boxes of the pudding and 3 cups of milk. Also a bit of extra coconut. I used same amount of whipped cream as called for and it all turned out perfectly. I filled the pie shell really full and i had some filling left over so i just saved it to eat plain and it was tasty! I toasted the coconut topping as suggested and it was yummy! Thanks for a great recipe.
Very easy and simple to make - tastes great, too. I made this for Thanksgiving (just got around to reviewing!) and my guests ate the whole pie. It was a hit! Thanks for sharing!