2 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
My husband says this is the best chili he ever tasted. It is spicy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 283.49 g can rotel
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 8-10 cloves roasted garlic
- 56.69 g can of chipotle peppers and adobo seasoning
- 0.25 ml hickory smoke salt
- 1892.0 ml water
- 44.37 ml beef bouillon powder
- 73.94-118.32 ml chili powder
- 8 piece thick sliced pepper bacon (lean only, raw)
- 907.18 g ground turkey
- 425.24 g can dark red kidney beans
- 4 (1700.97 g) can pinto beans
- 453.59 g can refried beans
- cayenne pepper
- 1combine rotel, tomato paste, roasted garlic, chipotles in adobo, hickory smoke salt, water, boullion powder, and chili powder in an 8 qt soup pot.
- 2Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- 3In a frying pan cook the turkey burger in small pieces.
- 4Cut all fat from the bacon and only use the lean, cut into small pieces and throw into soup pot raw.
- 5Add the cooked turkey burger to the soup pot and simmer for a couple of hours.
- 6Stir occasionally.
- 7Add the canned beans without draining them, and the refried beans.
- 8Season with a sprinkle or two of cayenne pepper, simmer for another 1/2 an hour or so.
- 9Serves about 12 servings of 2 cups each.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tony's Favorite Chili
Serving Size: 1 (5952 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.1
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.4 mg
- Sodium 225.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 16.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hickory smoke salt