Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is not for the dieter among us. My husband is an absolutely awesome cook. If you love chicken you will definitely want to try this recipe. Talk about tantilizing the taste buds.. when I tried this dish it was if my taste buds went to heaven.. it's that good !!!
- 1 kg chicken leg
- 100 ml cream
- 425 g apricot nectar
- 1 1⁄4 ounces dry onion soup mix (french)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Cook the chicken legs while on the bone.
- Then take the chicken off of the legs and cube it.
- Put it in a stove top pot (with a lid) and put the apricot nectar and french onion soup in; add all other ingredients except for the rice.
- Cook on a low to medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, serve it up on a bed of rice.
- Soooo yummy.
- Let me know what you think!
Extremely tasty recipe! I used boneless thigh fillets instead (browned with a little onion before adding everything else) and it came out great. It's more a (very mild) fruity chicken curry than a traditional apricot chicken, but absolutely fantastic in flavor.
great with rice and some steamed vegies
Love it - yum! I bought boneless chicken thighs so cut up into small pieces and then browned lightly in a bit of oil. I then took this out of the pan and put the garlic in to cook slightly. Then I added the chicken back into the pan with all the other ingredients. A winner recipe here. Very, very tasty and extremely easy to cook. Please thank Tony for sharing his yummy recipe.