Recipe by Chef 4TeenSon
My version isn't exactly traditional but for a quick, healthy, versatile meal or snack it's wonderful. Leave the anchovy out for a milder flavor, adding it for a more assertive flavor. Thin to the desired consistency by adding more mayo or sour cream.
- 7 ounces tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 flat anchovy fillets (optional) or 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In the bowl of a food processor add all the ingredients except the parsley. Puree until creamy, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Top with chopped parsley and additional capers if desired.
- This is great tossed with pasta, as a salad dressing, spread on crostini or as a dip with veggies or crackers.