Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Based on a recipe from the box my Tommy Bahama Ultra Premium Rum came in. It reminds us that the Mai Tai was invented in 1944! And here I thought it was invented while I was in college! :)
- 3⁄4 ounce dark rum (Tommy Bahama brand preferred)
- 3⁄4 ounce white rum (Tommy Bahama brand preferred)
- 1⁄2 ounce almond flavored liqueur
- 1⁄2 ounce triple sec
- 1⁄2 ounce orange juice
- 1⁄2 ounce pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 ounce grenadine
- Fill cocktail shaker with crushed ice.
- Add rums, almond liqueur and triple sec to shaker.
- Shake and pour into a Tiki cup.
- Fill with juices.
- Float grenadine on top.
- Garnish with a cherry and pineapple slice.
This drink is potent, very good just the way we like our drinks. Thanks Mersaydees :) Made for cookbook tag game