My Type (Non-Alcoholic Mai Tai)
Well, if I can't be under a big umbrella on a tropical beach, give me a tropical drink with a little one so I can dream! (I get my orgeat syrup at our local coffee shop)
- Ready In:
- 3 ounces orange juice
- 1 ounce lime juice (or juice of 1/2 lime)
- 1 teaspoon fine sugar
- 1 tablespoon orgeat syrup (almond syrup)
- 1⁄2 ounce grenadine
- crushed ice
- Combine all ingredients except crushed ice in a shaker half filled with ice. Shake well.
- Strain into an old-fashioned glass half filled with crushed ice.
- Garnish with a slice of fruit and a drink umbrella.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I mixed everything first but the grenadine and put it in the refrigerator the night before. This one is so pretty when the grenadine cascaded down the side of the glass pitcher. Then I mixed it all together. I could not find the orgeat syrup so used almond extract. Then the next week I went on the net and looked up a recipe to make the orgeat syrup, recipe #166333. Anyway this drink was very good and so easy to make. I served this drink with the appetizers for the kids. I made this for my daughter, her date and 5 other of her friends that came over to have their dinner here before Prom this spring. They thought it was pretty cool eating dinner with my fine china and linens. Oh yes, I even had my set of double candlesticks on the table for them.