Disneyland's Mint Julep (Non-Alcoholic)
photo by GirlNutt
- Ready In:
- Combine the sugar and water in a 3 quart saucepan. Stir the contents until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in lime and lemonade concentrate next. Continue stirring and bring to boil just below the boiling point (210 degrees.) DO NOT BOIL!
- Remove pan from heat and chill. Once chilled, add a ratio of 1 part syrup to 5 parts chilled water.
- Transfer beverage to pitcher and enjoy!
- Garnish each serving with mint leaves, lime slice and a maraschino cherry.
- Sorry, the yield is estimated.
Lovely recipe! I couldn't find non-alcoholic Creme de Menthe so I had to make homemade peppermint syrup with my own fresh mint (simple syrup steeped with a bunch of mint leaves and strained). Then I had to adjust for the sugar in the recipe etc, but it was easy to eyeball and guess at. It turned out great! I love the lime in it (probably would make the real thing tastier too). We used this as a mixer with seltzer water. I left the ratio up to my bartender dad and the taste of the guest.