Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love this recipe because the tomatoes are available anytime. And the taste of the creamy mozzarella, zesty tomatoes and sharp parmesan will blow you away. Great with bread and a glass of white wine.
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole tomatoes (2 drained)
- salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup diced purple onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced scallion
- 1⁄8 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 glass port wine (for the cook)
- Preheat oven to 400°F and layer the ingredients in the order listed in any small dish that is oven safe.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes and enjoy the wine.
- Allow to rest about 10 minutes before serving.
My husband and I love this dish! It is so easy to make! We've had it twice in the last month.
This was alright..loved the wine though..LOL..Think I should of added some time to the cooking..will try again..Thanks
Thi is SO good! Very easy, too. I did have to increase the cooking time, but that is not a big issue. A wonderful taste of summer on a very cold winter's day. Thank you so much for this!