- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- salt & pepper
- lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or pot on medium-low heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until softened and fragrant.
- Add the can of tomatoes, basil, zucchini, white and brown sugar, and yogurt.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 30-40 minute.
- For a smoother soup, puree a portion, or all of the recipe.