Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This healthy recipe is from the American Institute for Cancer Research.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans or 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, rinsed & patted dry, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh green beans, cut
- Slowly brown onion in olive oil over low heat, about 5 minutes.
- Add celery, carrots and garlic. Stirring, cook about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, water and spices.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add last 3 ingredients.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes until green beans are tender.