Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A lovely & refreshing salad!
Make and share this Tomato Vinaigrette With Mixed Greens recipe from Food.com.
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes with onion and garlic (canned)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups torn arugula
- 2 cups torn red endive or 2 cups red cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup sliced radish (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh basil (optional) or 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- shards fresh parmesan cheese
- In a blender container combine undrained tomatoes, brown sugar and vinegar.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
- With blender running, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Cover and let stand 20 minutes to blend flavors or chill up to 4 days.
- If chilled let stand at room tmperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- Stir before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a salad bowl toss together spinach, arugula, endive, radishes, if using and basil, if using, or parsely.
- Add 1/4 cup dressing; toss to coat.
- Top with Parmesan cheese; drizzle remaining vinagrette over the salad.
DELICIOUS! So glad I found this recipe in time for summer! I wish I liked radishes because they are so pretty, but since I don't, I left them out. Love the combo of greens, but I'm sure this will work with all sorts. Perfect healthy, light, easy salad that will go with anything I throw on the grill. Thanks for posting!