1/2 Photos of Tomato Tart With Rich Cheese Crust and Almond Bacon Crunch #RSC
1 hr 10 mins
Chef #453383's Note:
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. Tomatoes and cheese are truely an amazing paring. This is an unusual tart that is perfect for a summer dinner with a green salad. Yes, you will want more than one serving. I guarantee you will love this recipe.
My Private Note
9 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
Rich cheese crust
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/4 lbs tomatoes, peeled, seeded & chopped
Almond Bacon Crunch
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line a 9 inch round cake pan with Reynolds wrap. Bring foil up the sides, so tart can be lifted out. Spray well with non stick spray. Set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, wisk together; flour, baking powder, sea salt and pepper. Cut in butter until it resembles small peas, stir in cheese, egg and water. Using your hands, press out the crust mixture into prepared pan, pressing up sides one inch. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- 4Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 5To a large bowl add jack cheese, cheddar cheese, 2 eggs, garlic, heavy cream, rosemary, 1/2 teaspoons sea salt and 1/4 tsp.pepper. Fold in tomatoes and pour into crust.
- 6In a small bowl mix the topping ingredients together and sprinkle on top of filling. Bake tart at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 7Turn oven down to 400 degrees and bake for 35 minutes, or until tester (toothpick) comes out clean.
- 8Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Using Reynolds wrap, pull tart out of pan and place on a serving dish. Reynolds wrap should slide away easily.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Tart With Rich Cheese Crust and Almond Bacon Crunch #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 843.2
- Calories from Fat 538
- Total Fat 59.8 g
- Saturated Fat 34.2 g
- Cholesterol 304.6 mg
- Sodium 1045.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 31.6 g