- 8 large fresh tomatoes (diced in small pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup Italian olive oil
- 8 cloves fresh garlic (chopped or minced)
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil (minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- To cook sauce, heat olive oil over medium heat in a large iron skillet or heavy saucepan.
- Add garlic and cook until tender.
- Add fresh tomatoes and cook until just heated through.
- Stir in basil and salt.
- Serve sauce over cooked spaghetti or other Italian pasta and top with parmesan cheese.
- This tomato sauce recipe makes enough for about 6 servings Don't over cook the tomatoes, keep them aldente!