Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Cool and spicy.. perfect for a hot summer day. Make ahead so flavors can blend.
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes, drained
- 3⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup hot& spicy hot V8
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon msg (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a glass or plastic bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Flavor gets better the longer it lasts.
I made this as a side for our dinner. We all really liked it! I used scallions in place of red onions, I didn't have green pepper and I didn't use MSG. I'm excited to try this again when tomatoes are at their best from our farmers market. Thanks Bethany for such an easy and tasty recipe!
lovely salad..loved it!
This is not a good salad. The flavors do not work well together. I served it at a party and no one liked it.