Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Heard this lady gushing over tomato pudding on NPR today. It sounds discusting but apparently it is delicious. She said you have to use Wonder bread. Have to try it...
- 1 (6 ounce) can Contadina tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 3 cups sandwich bread, 3-5 slices ripped into 1-inch pieces, including the crusts
- Rip bread into approximately 1-inch bite-sized pieces and put into baking dish.
- Mix tomato paste, boiling water, brown sugar, salt and melted butter together over low heat. Once it is completely melted, while constantly stirring, bring to a rolling boil until you see bubbles appearing.
- Pour bubbling mixture over bread, coating thoroughly. You want the tomato mixture to get to the bottom of the baking dish. If needed, gently mix together bread and tomato mixture. If you feel you need a bit more bread, add it inches.
- Bake in 350 degrees over for 30 minutes until lightly brown on top.
- There goes the mouth watering again. Enjoy!