So simple, we love it with meatloaf and baked potatoes. I serve it at dinner parties and am always asked for the recipe. People are surprised at how few ingredients are involved. Great to add to any oven cooked meals. This recipe was my mother-in-law's answer to "last" minute meal planning.
- Ready In:
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
- 3 slices white bread, torn into pieces (I prefer Pepperidge Farms or a similar homestyle bread)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour tomatoes into a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Mix in the torn pieces of bread and season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Dot with pieces of butter.
- Bake 35- 40 minutes.