- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 400 g chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 200 g mushrooms, sliced
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 1 (175 g) jar sun-dried tomato pesto (or similar)
- 1 (300 ml) container light cream
- 50 g shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup green onion top
- 500 g pasta (of your choice-I prefer Penne)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion and bacon until the onion is soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add the garlic and cook another couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms and cook until the chicken turns white.
- (about 10 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Add the white wine and allow to cook to reduce for a couple of minutes, then add the stock.
- Add the pesto and the crean and cook until heated through.
- Add the Parmesan and stir through along with the green onion tops.
- Serve over the cooked pasta and offer extra Parmesan cheese.