Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
2nd sons favourite dish. We eat this about once a month, though I vary the pesto, and occasionally add capsicums or olives.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 400 g chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 200 g mushrooms, sliced
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 1 (175 g) jar sun-dried tomato pesto (or similar)
- 1 (300 ml) container light cream
- 50 g shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup green onion top
- 500 g pasta (of your choice-I prefer Penne)
- Saute the onion and bacon until the onion is soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add the garlic and cook another couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms and cook until the chicken turns white.
- (about 10 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Add the white wine and allow to cook to reduce for a couple of minutes, then add the stock.
- Add the pesto and the crean and cook until heated through.
- Add the Parmesan and stir through along with the green onion tops.
- Serve over the cooked pasta and offer extra Parmesan cheese.
This has become a favourite in our house. I often substitute the chicken for prawns.
Jan, It is a very delicious meal!!!! especially when your 2 year old asked for seconds. I only had classic pesto and didn't have any mushrooms in the pantry, but I did add capsicums and olives and it still tasted fantastic. Great recipe, thanks for sharing it.
Jan this is really delicious. Cooked exactally as written but used slightly more mushrooms only because I had them there to use up. My pesto was a sun-dried tomato/chilli pesto and it has quite a nice bite to it. We will definitely be making this again. Thank you for sharing.