1/5 Photos of Tomato, Mozzarella & Pesto Panini
A delicious recipe from Ina Garten's cookbook, Barefoot Contessa at Home. If you don't have a panini press, that's okay, just place in a skillet with a heavy weight on top(foil covered brick, or heavy cast iron skillet, etc.) Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat a panini grill machine or a heavy skillet.
- 2Core the tomatoes and slice tomatoes and mozzarella 1/4" thick.
- 3Place the bread slices on a cutting board(or work surface). Spread each slice evenly with pesto. Place a layer of mozzarella(about 2 slices) on half of the bread and cover with a layer of tomato. Sprinkle the tomato with a little kosher salt.
- 4Place the remaining slices of bread, pesto side down, on top. Spread the top and bottom of each sandwich with sotened butter.
- 5Grill the sandwiches in batches on the panini grill for 2-3 minutes, until the mozzarella starts to ooze out. If using a skillet, place a weight on top(I usually use another heavy cast iron skillet, or use a foil coverd brick, or other flat, heavy object. Cook 2-3 minutes, turn and cook other side 1-3 minutes.).
- 6Cut the sandwiches in half and serve warm. Enjoy!
- 8This is also excellent with a slice of roasted red bell pepper in it!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato, Mozzarella & Pesto Panini
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.4
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 59.8 mg
- Sodium 742.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 24.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: