Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Way better than regular mayonnaise.
- 1 medium tomatoes, ripe, skinned and seeded
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup peanut oil (or olive oil or corn oil)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Puree the tomato pulp and set aside.
- In a bowl,start by beating the egg,salt,white pepper and cayenne pepper together with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Continue whisking in the oil 1 tablespoon at a time until the sauce has emulsified and all of the oil is incorporated into the sauce.
- Fold in the pureed tomato and the tomato paste.
- Add the lemon juice and adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Store tomato mayonnaise tightly covered in the refrigerator.
This is too, too good! I am a self-admitted mayo freak and this is superb. Used it over a salad, and will next try it on a hamburger. Will keep some of this in the fridge at all times. Thnx for sharing this great recipe, desi! Made for PAC Fall 2009.