1/2 Photos of Tomato-horseradish Sauce
mary winecoff's Note:
I make this when my tomatoes are ripe. It only makes 1 pint so it is very quick and easy. Great to serve with meat. Even if you don't can very often this is something that is easy and fast to do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt buter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onions and cook, stirring until it begins to soften, 2-3 minutes.
- 3Add garlic and cook until golden, about 3 minutes.
- 4Add tomatoes, bay leaf and horseradish.
- 5Stir, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until tomatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- 6Add salt, cayenne and thyme.
- 7Ladle into hot canning jars.
- 8Seal and place in hot bath for 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato-horseradish Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (870 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.4
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 809.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 27.5 g
- Protein 8.1 g