Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Enjoy this with your friends.....thanks to emazing for sharing this !
- 1 large onion
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 large fresh tomatoes or 2 small fresh tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper powder
- 1 bunch parsley
- Saute the onion in the olive oil.
- add the garlic, and when the onions are soft, add the green beans, tomato paste, and the fresh tomato, finely diced or crushed.
- Add 1/2 cup water.
- Simmer until the beans have absorbed the stew and are soft.
- Then add the hot red pepper powder, salt and adjust the spices (parsley) to taste.
- Pour this stew over a bowl of hot rice or cous-cous.
Good and simple. I served it with couscous and sausage on the side. It would go with a wide variety of protein accompaniments. Now, I did cut the olive oil back to about 1 tbsp which is adequate for us for sauteing. I'd make this again!