Recipe by drhousespcatcher
A way to use up the garden tomatoes making a very nice beverage. Posted to De Gustibus
- 25 garden ripe tomatoes
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cucumbers, sliced
- 1 small zucchini or 1 small other summer squash, chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups beef broth or 2 cups dark roasted vegetable broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the tomatoes a few at a time in a large pan of boiling water for 30 to 60 seconds or until skins become loose. Remove from water with a slotted spoon and slip off and discard peels. Slice reserving the juice.
- You will have to do this in batches unless you have a monster processor. Using a blender or processor -- Start with 5 or 6 tomatoes and then add some of the rest of the veggies then some of the seasonings and about a cup of broth, blend until smooth at high speed.
- Pour half the mix out of the container into a large mixing bowl. Add more tomatoes and juice then veggies and seasoning and broth and blend. Do this until it is all blended. Mix blended ingredients with wire whisk.
- Refrigerate, cover overnight to blend the flavors. Will keep a week in the refrigerator.
- 16 one cup servings.
- Note I used oregano infused oil.