Recipe by Jean R
From The Oregonian's FOODday section. Quick and easy to put together. I made it for a group of friends and they really enjoyed it.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 28 ounces canned tomatoes, chopped and undrained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy pot saute the onion, celery and carrot in the oil until the onion is soft, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and saute briefly, about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and their juices, tomato paste, water, basil and sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook until carrots are tender.
- Remove from the heat, add the gorgonzola, cover and let sit for 3 minutes, stir to blend. Salt and pepper to taste.