Recipe by ~Grandma Kay~
A classic Chinese soup, brothy in nature, rich with tofu. Kind of like egg drop soup with a kick! From Grandpa Bill's collection.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 1⁄2 pieces tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring chicken broth, salt, and peas to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add tomatoes and tofu and cook 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Mix cornstarch with water and stir into the soup.
- Beat eggs lightly in a small bowl.
- Stir soup slowly with a spoon in one direction; with other hand, slowly pour beaten egg onto the surface of the soup, allowing it to form threads.
- Quickly remove from heat.
- Add sesame oil, green onion, and pepper before serving.