Recipe by Lori Mama
I am posting this here for safekeeping. I attended a vegetarian cooking class (even though I'm not a vegetarian) just to get some vegetable ideas and this was one of the recipes shown us. Courtesy Rob McLean.
Top Review by SarasotaCook
I want to say 4 for taste, 5 for ease. This was so simple; and I did follow the instructions. For me, it lacked flavor. I think the boursin cheese may add what's missing. The creamy flavor was good, I used a good Italian tomato, but there was just something not there for me. But a unique soup. Maybe a little white wine and a few herbs will do the trick. A nice change for soup however. I served it with a crusty slice of bread which made a very nice lunch.
- 29.58 ml butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 sprig fresh dill
- 2 (1587.57 g) can diced tomatoes
- 226.79 g cream cheese
- 236.59 ml vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- On medium heat saute chopped onions along with 2 sprigs of dill in the butter until soft.
- Add tomatoes, stock and cream cheese.
- Simmer for approximately 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend mixture with hand blender until desired consistency.
- Add remaining dill, salt and pepper to taste before serving.
- Note: light cream cheese can be used as well.