Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Slashfood. Use any type of *fresh* (heirloom) tomatoes of various colors and use quality ingredients for best flavor.
- lettuce leaf (to line the platter) (optional)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (yellow, orange, red, etc.) or 1 pint heirloom tomato (yellow, orange, red, etc.)
- 1 lemon cucumbers (your choice to peel) or 1 small cucumber, diced (your choice to peel)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar (my addition)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- cracked black pepper
- 10 fresh lemon verbena leaves, cut into ribbons (NOT dried!)
- Place the salad ingredients on a lettuce-lined platter and drizzle with the dressing.
- Garnish with the lemon verbena leaves.
- Tip: do not garnish the salad with the verbena leaves until just before serving. Cut lemon verbena leaves wilt very quickly. Keep cut verbena leaves fresh by placing them in a bowl of water until ready to garnish.
Loved this, and is so great with the beginning of summer! I used all fresh ingredients from the garden and loved the dressing! The lemon verbena on top was beautiful and delish! Made for *French Forum Herb Lemon Verbena Month* July 2010
This is such a simple yet delicious salad to throw together! The simplicity and wonderful flavors make this a recipe I plan to make again! I couldn't find heirloom tomatoes, so I just used regular Roma's, but next time I'll try it with the heirloom - I know that will make it look even prettier too! Thanks Cookgirl! Made for ZWT6 - LOONY SPOON PHOODIES!