Tomato, Cucumber and Feta Salad
A typically Greek salad, this has caramelized garlic to spark it up a bit! From Cat Cora's Kitchen cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 cup olive oil
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, cored, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin slices
- 12 kalamata olives
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar (sometimes I add a splash of balsamic too)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- In a small frying pan, saute the garlic in the 1 tbls. olive oil over medium high heat. Stir often, until the garlic is caramelized and slightly crunchy. Watch carefully! Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Arrange the sliced vegetables on individual plates, or on a platter. Top with the olives and the crumbled feta cheese.
- Whisk the vinegar, 1 cup olive oil and oregano together. Season each salad with salt and pepper, then drizzle with the dressing. Top with the sauteed garlic and serve. Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Sharon, you truly have a winner here!!! I cut the dressing in half, as we don't care for our salads to swim. The red wine vinegar was a perfect choice to blend with the other dressing ingredients. The olive oil I used was cold pressed. Sorry about all the photos but I could not pick just one. Made for *ZWT 6* I'm on Team *Ya Ya Cookerhood*Reply
see 14 more