Recipe by Sharon123
A typically Greek salad, this has caramelized garlic to spark it up a bit! From Cat Cora's Kitchen cookbook.
Top Review by ~SarahBeth~
This is truly a lovely salad! Scaled down to serve one it was the perfect side for a lovely greek fish! I changed nothing and the flavors were spot on! Thanks for posting this is a definite keeper! Made for The Queens of Quisine ZWT6 Family Picks!
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 cup olive oil
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, cored, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin slices
- 12 kalamata olives
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar (sometimes I add a splash of balsamic too)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- In a small frying pan, saute the garlic in the 1 tbls. olive oil over medium high heat. Stir often, until the garlic is caramelized and slightly crunchy. Watch carefully! Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Arrange the sliced vegetables on individual plates, or on a platter. Top with the olives and the crumbled feta cheese.
- Whisk the vinegar, 1 cup olive oil and oregano together. Season each salad with salt and pepper, then drizzle with the dressing. Top with the sauteed garlic and serve. Enjoy!