Recipe by Clifford Boren
This is good on anything. I especially like it on rice when I have rice for my bulk at breakfast. Goes well with Morningstar Farms phony soy sausage too.
Top Review by Latchy
I did this recipe as written and find it really delicious. I left the chili seeds in and find that it is spicy but not too hot the sugar and raisins balace it out. Will make it again
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (use Canola Balance if you can get it in your area. Healthy!)
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced gingerroot
- 1⁄2 cup minced jalapeno pepper (seeded if you're a woose)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 ripe tomatoes, diced (Don't skin or seed them. The fiber is good for you.)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 5 fluid ounces red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee onion, ginger, jalapeno, and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Stir in tomatoes, sugar, raisins, salt, and vinegar.
- Bring to boil, then simmer over low heat until mixture has a deep reddish-brown color and is thickened.
- Approximately 40 minutes.
- Stir now and then.
- Allow to cool, then store in the frige covered.