Recipe by Bobbie
I haven't made these yet -- but am looking forward to giving them a try. They sound very easy -- and extremely tasty.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 French baguette, loaf cut into 24 (1/2 inch slices)
- 6 slices monterey jack cheese, quartered (3/4 oz.each)
- 3 roma tomatoes, sliced into 24 (1/8 inch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350. Stir together oil, basil, garlic, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Place bread slices on ungreased baking sheet. Brush top of each slice of bread with oil mixture.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Heat broiler. Top each slice of bread with 1 slice cheese and 1 slice tomato, brush with remaining oil mixture.
- Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat until cheese begins to melt (1 to 2 minutes).