Recipe by l0vetw0c00k
Make this and try to keep from eating the whole dish!
Top Review by *Parsley*
This is one of those recipes that is too simple to be so good. I used sliced farm-fresh tomatoes from a local roadside stand. I used 4 slices of cheese just because there was extra room. I oved the buttery bread topping (I used real butter, not margarine). This is a fabuous summer tomato dish. I can see here canned woud work well in the cooler months. Thanx for sharing!
- 1 quart canned tomato, drained
- salt & pepper
- 3 slices kraft sharp cheddar processed cheese
- 5 slices day old white bread, torn into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Put drained tomatoes into 9" pie plate.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Lay cheese slices over tomatoes, breaking slices to cover.
- Toss bread pieces in melted butter and cover tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake 375 degrees until bread pieces are browned and crisp, about 30 minutes.