Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ohh let me count the ways to use this Tapenade.......over pasta, as a dip, served on some crusty bread or rye, on a cheese board or serve with some pitta crisps! Even give as a gift..... its Wonderful. Note -- This is best made a day ahead of serving.
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup drained capers
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- Process all the ingredients until smooth.
- Spoon into hot sterilised jar and seal jar immediately.
- N.B. This is best made a day ahead and can be stored in refrigerator for about 4-6 weeks. This recipe makes approx 250ml of Tapenade.
I only made and tasted this today with plans to use it in a pasta tomorrow night. It was a super simple tapenade to make and the taste was great already. I'm sure a night to stand will only improve it. I didn't have a jar to sterilize, so I piled it into a clean bowl and plan to use it in the next few days. I'm wondering how effective a hot sterilized jar would be once the room temperature mix hit it anyway?