Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is another of my family's favorite pork chop dishes. The sauce can be doubled if desired. This is wonderful served with rice.
- 10 -12 pork chops (I use boneless chops for this)
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes, quartered (with juice)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon h.p. steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together bread crumbs, flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder (if using).
- Dip chops into half and half cream (or milk if using).
- Then coat the pork chops in the flour/bread crumb mixture.
- Brown in oil over medium heat; drain oil, and set the chops in a greased shallow casserole dish.
- To make the sauce: slice the onion in half lengthwise, and then slice finely to form half rings.
- Brown the onion in oil.
- In a small bowl/cup mix the cornstarch with water.
- Add in the cornstarch mixture and the tomatoes, with the remaining ingredients; mix to combine with a wooden spoon, and bring to a boil.
- Pour over the pork chops in the baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 325°F oven for about 30 minutes.